Focus on one aspect of Creation Spirituality the entire gathering, or explore all Six Essentials of Creation Spirituality through our six workshop tracks. Each of the Essentials will have an assigned meeting place where you will have the opportunity to add in your poems, favorite quotes, art, etc. to the room, building up our sense of that essential throughout the weekend.
Workshops will be led by a mix of Creation Spirituality community leaders and leaders from our host city, Asheville, NC. You are invited to apply to teach a workshop at the gathering. Workshops are 75 minutes long and should address one or more of the Six Essentials of Creation Spirituality. (See below)
Check back soon for our roster of teachers and their exceptional workshops.
Apply now to become a teacher.
Six Essentials of Creation Spirituality
1. The Universe, and all life within it, is fundamentally a blessing.
2. It is through the work of spiritual practice that we move beyond fear into compassion and discover our deep and true selves.
3. The spiritual journey can be understood as a dance moving in and out of four mystical paths:
– awe, delight, amazement, joy (known as the Via Positiva)
– uncertainty, darkness, suffering, letting go (known as the Via Negativa)
– birthing, creativity, passion (known as the Via Creativa)
– justice, healing, celebration, rebirth, resurrection (the Via Transformativa)
4. Every one of us carries within us the capacity to be a mystic, to be creative, to be visionary, and to be an agent for positive change. It is our responsibility to cultivate these capacities for the benefit of Earth and all it’s creatures.
5. We rejoice in and courageously honor the rich diversity within the Cosmos which is expressed in every individual and embodies multiple cultures, religions, and ancestral traditions.
6. Ecological justice is our priority as an imperative for the healing, sustainability and harmony among our species and the entire Earth community.